Subject: bug#28106: 25.2; mode menu empty in menu bar

From: hatterer raoul <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 00:49:03 +0300

> For example :
 > As I'm writing this mail the menu bar is incomplete:
 > File Edit Options Buffer and Tools menus are fine
 > 'Field' 'Message' 'Text' and 'Attachments' menus are empty
 > Help menu is fine
hatterer@asus1:~$ emacs25 -q --debug-init
 > is empty.
 > But if I hit f10 to get the menu 'Field' appear:
hatterer@asus1:~$ emacs25 -q --debug-init

(emacs25:16785): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type 
GtkBox to a GtkMenuItem, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkMenuItem can only 
contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type 
GtkAccelLabel

(emacs25:16785): Gtk-WARNING **: Attempting to add a widget with type 
GtkBox to a GtkMenuItem, but as a GtkBin subclass a GtkMenuItem can only 
contain one widget at a time; it already contains a widget of type 
GtkAccelLabel

(emacs25:16785): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_device_grab_add: assertion 
'GDK_IS_DEVICE (device)' failed

 > If I hit f10 again 'Message' 'Text' and 'Attachments' menus become 
fine too.

 > emacs25 was installed from:
hatterer@asus1:~$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kelleyk/emacs
hatterer@asus1:~$ sudo apt-get update
hatterer@asus1:~$ sudo apt-get install emacs25
 >--------end of my message-----------

In GNU Emacs 25.2.2 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.18.9)
of 2017-05-06 built on lgw01-59
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11804000
System Description: Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS

Configured using:
'configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
'--includedir=${prefix}/include' '--mandir=${prefix}/share/man'
'--infodir=${prefix}/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--disable-silent-rules '--libdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu'
'--libexecdir=${prefix}/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
--program-suffix=25 --with-modules --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat
-Werror=format-security' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 MODULES

Important settings:
value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
diff-auto-refine-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
global-eldoc-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tool-bar-mode: t
menu-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
blink-cursor-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
user-error: Beginning of history; no preceding item
user-error: End of history; no default available [2 times]
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [13 times]
Quit
Making completion list...
Quit
Making completion list...
funcall-interactively: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides 
/usr/share/emacs/25.2/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epg epg-config gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util help-fns help-mode cl-loaddefs pcase
cl-lib mail-prsvr mail-utils thingatpt vc-git diff-mode easymenu
easy-mmode bookmark pp time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese charscript case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 96464 9651)
(symbols 48 20570 0)
(miscs 40 510 171)
(strings 32 17168 3974)
(string-bytes 1 494402)
(vectors 16 13056)
(vector-slots 8 448800 3256)
(floats 8 173 184)
(intervals 56 387 0)
(buffers 976 21)
(heap 1024 31367 914))