Subject: 26.0.50; bad C fontification

From: Marti Bolivar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:45:33 -0400

1. From emacs -Q, open this file:

https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/2de59023dc726e61244eb7cca17252294016c65a/subsys/net/lib/http/http_client.c

2. Observe incorrect syntax highlighting at beginning of file. Screenshot:

   https://postimg.org/image/tzy8qgjjz/

   (Note that loading a C file with just the #ifdefs and initial
   comment which fail to highlight above doesn't reproduce the issue.)

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.22.11)
 of 2017-08-10 built on plop
Repository revision: 81656add8117e8d1b7faab18b330d0706462b433
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11903000
System Description: Ubuntu 17.04

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
mwheel-scroll: Beginning of buffer [21 times]
Making completion list...

Configured using:
 'configure --without-pop'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY GNUTLS FREETYPE XFT
ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: C/*l

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv dired dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-git diff-mode easy-mmode cc-mode
cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win
x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 123261 11555)
 (symbols 48 22839 1)
 (miscs 40 60 140)
 (strings 32 35859 1155)
 (string-bytes 1 1079093)
 (vectors 16 17814)
 (vector-slots 8 527552 12359)
 (floats 8 52 134)
 (intervals 56 1378 3)
 (buffers 992 13))