Subject: bug#28094: cuirass doesn’t build i686 things

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 18:58:05 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> it looks like Cuirass refuses to build i686 things because that would
>> violate a UNIQUE constraint:
>
> I’ve seen this repeatedly for other derivations; all seem to be i686.
> The error reporting is bad, so I don’t know exactly why this happens,
> but one guess is that this is when a previously failed build process
> succeeded.

I’ve changed Cuirass locally to print a more detailed error message when
this happens.  Here’s a recent error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
Database error with INSERT INTO Builds (derivation, evaluation, log, output)  VALUES ('~A', '~A', '~A', '~A'); and (/gnu/store/zg0zpndricjwwbjv5087zw9hmdcd708y-curl-7.55.0.drv 2 #f /gnu/store/60671wa0i1fljll26fx7lxfl27fb27si-curl-7.55.0-doc)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   230:29 19 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 81000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 18 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 70000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 17 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 83000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 16 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 89000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 15 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 81000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 14 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 131000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 13 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 128000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 12 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 100000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 11 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 193000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29 10 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 113000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29  9 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 122000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29  8 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 91000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29  7 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 101000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29  6 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 87000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29  5 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 67000.0) # # …) …))
   230:29  4 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 75000.0) # # …) …))
   230:17  3 (map1 (((#:eval-id . 2) (#:duration . 71000.0) # # …) …))
In cuirass/base.scm:
    145:6  2 (register _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
   268:13  1 (for-each #<procedure 3dc0750 at cuirass/base.scm:145:…> …)
In cuirass/database.scm:
    192:2  0 (db-add-build #<<sqlite-db> pointer: #<pointer 0x19d9e…> …)
cuirass/database.scm:192:2: In procedure db-add-build:
cuirass/database.scm:192:2: Throw to key `sqlite-error' with args `(#f 1555 "UNIQUE constraint failed: Builds.derivation, Builds.evaluation, Builds.output")'.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

The directory /gnu/store/60671wa0i1fljll26fx7lxfl27fb27si-curl-7.55.0-doc exists.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net