Subject: Re: bug#28088: "The name org.a11y.Bus was not provided by any .service files" with multiple applications

From: [email-masked] (宋文武)
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2017 11:11:18 +0800

[email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Hi!
>
> [email-masked] (宋文武) skribis:
>
>> GTK+ applications will provide accessibility support over this dbus
>> service, so the AT-SPI clients (screen reader etc.) could use them.
>>
>> And this 'org.a11y.Bus' service can be auto activated by the dbus
>> session daemon if the 'at-spi2-core' package is available.  If not,
>> we'll get thoese warnning from applications.
>
> It does sound like our GuixSD setup fails to activate org.a11y.Bus
> though.  Should we add a service in %desktop-services that extends
> ‘dbus-root-service-type’ with ‘at-spi2-core’ to ensure that
> auto-activation works?

It's not a dbus system service, we can extend 'profile-service-package'
with 'at-spi2-core' to make it available for the user's dbus session
daemon.

>
> I think we should strive to provide accessible environments when
>possible, as with GNOME.

Yes, but without a client (we only have 'orca') the AT-SPI service alone
is not useful, maybe we should add Orca to both GNOME and Xfce? (I'm not
a user of any, so can't be sure.)