Subject: Re: bug#28083: Two patches for grep on Windows, fixing directory recursion and leaking color

From: Jim Meyering <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2017 15:58:36 -0800

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 1:10 AM, Stephan Lavavej <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 3:53 PM, Stephan Lavavej <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> I have two patches that improve grep's support for Windows. The first
>> patch is a one-liner that fixes directory recursion, while the second
>> patch fixes "leaking color" when grep is printing colorized output and
>> is terminated prematurely by Ctrl+C.
>
> Is there anything else I can do to help these patches be accepted into master?

[for reference, we're discussing these:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/db/28/28083.html]
Thank you for preparing those.

Would you please follow the contribution guidelines in grep's HACKING
file, https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grep.git/tree/HACKING to
create two git change sets? Since each fixes a bug, each should also
add a brief comment to the NEWS file.

Your first patch is tiny and looks fine, so I can apply it with no
paperwork required. However, the second is substantial enough that
before I can use it, you'll have to follow the instructions in the
"Copyright assignment" section of that same HACKING file.  Can you do
that?

Thanks,
Jim