Subject: bug#28079: find -type l -xtype and recursive symbolic links

From: Eric Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:55:39 -0500

tag 28079 notabug
thanks

On 08/13/2017 06:06 AM, Poor Yorick wrote:
> When a find expression includes both the -type and -xtype options and a
> symbolic link that points to itself is encountered (a recursive symlink),
> find fails with the error message, "Too many levels of symbolic links".

Thanks for the report; however, you sent it to bug-coreutils, which does
not maintain find; and find does not use coreutils' bug database.  Your
best bet is to report it to findutils:
https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=findutils

I'm closing this bug in the coreutils bug database, since we can't
address it here, but good luck, and feel free to followup here with a
link to the bug id that you eventually create in case it helps someone
else viewing the archives.

-- 
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266
Virtualization:  qemu.org | libvirt.org