Subject: Re: [bug#28076] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-highlight-symbol.

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 20:54:43 +0200

Oleg Pykhalov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Guix,
>
> I have a question about license, “highlight-symbol.el” says:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ;; This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
> ;; modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
> ;; as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
> ;; of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> Could we use “(license license:gpl3+)” because it says “or any later
> version”?

We probably *could*, but we should not hide this fact from the end
user.  I went ahead and applied this patch after changing the license to
gpl2+ and using HTTPS for the home page.  Thanks!