Subject: 25.1; TLS connection information cannot be entirely read

From: Markus Triska <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 00:21:00 +0200

When I do M-x gnus RET, Gnus is started as expected, and a buffer is
shown that contains a warning about the connection security level with
respect to the server I am connecting to (news.gmane.org).

In my particular case, the visible portion of the text ends with:

    The TLS connection to news.gmane.org:nntp is insecure for the
    following reasons:

    certificate signer was not found (self-signed)

This last sentence appears at the very bottom of the buffer.
Potentially, the buffer contains more text which I do not see. In fact,
since the buffer speaks of "reasons", I expect that there are more.

The minibuffer displays:

    Continue connecting? (No, Session only, Always)

At this point, I would like to visit the buffer that displays the
warning, in order to scroll and see whether it contains more text.

However, I cannot do that: Any attempt to switch buffers or scroll the
other buffer appears to be overridden by the minibuffer prompt, forcing
a decision at this point. Even after I answer in one of the three ways,
I cannot go back and see the warning that was previously displayed.

If possible, please allow for inspecting the full warning in some way.

Thank you and all the best,
Markus

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin15.3.0, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2016-08-12 built on mt-mbpro
Repository revision: 98b01dd1ef004b79de4998691a84bed6ea1ca0ba
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11502000
Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-ns --with-x11
 LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS
LIBXML2 FREETYPE XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS LUCID X11