Subject: bug#28066: eshell-tramp sudo ignores C-c

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2017 21:29:33 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

>   > > Now, if you try to leave interrupt `sleep` using C-c, it won't work.
>
>   > Unfortunately, it is not possible to send signals to the remote process
>   > Tramp is running on. This has been discussed already on the Tramp ML,
>   > with no result.
>
> Maybe eshell could detect this case
> and display a message to explain to the user why it doesn't work.

Finally, I have implemented `interrupt-process' for remote
processes. I've committed 296472f5c5 to the Emacs repository. Yegor, do
you have a chance to test Emacs 26.1, whether this works for you?

I've implemented this as advice on `interrupt-process', but this is
discouraged for primitives. Maybe we should spend `interrupt-process' a
hook where Tramp could enter? Or even a file name handler, based on
default-directory of the related process-buffer?

Best regards, Michael.