Subject: Re: bug#2806: characters from unicode-sip coderange still not displaying properly

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 10:22:29 +0900

>>>>> On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 20:08:13 +0900, Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]> said:

> In article <[email-masked]>, Christian Wittern
> <[email-masked]> writes:
>> Thank you Handa-san.  Shortly after sending this message, I found
>> out that Yamamoto Mitsuharu-san in Chiba has a patch [1] that
>> provides the functionality I needed.  I succeeded in applying this
>> patch and have used the resulting Emacs.app for about a month now
>> without any problems.  It would surely be great if that patch could
>> be incorporated into the Emacs source.  All the best, Christian

>> [1]
>> ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-23.1.90-mac-1.95.tar.gz

> I have no knowledge about Mac, and can't find which part of the
> above file is necessary for supporting unicode-sip displaying.

> Could someone working on Mac port please DTRT?

Someone working on the NS port, which is supposed to be a first-class
official port, should DTRT.  The Mac port is neither a patch for nor a
distribution on top of the NS port, but a completely independent port
created with a different policy and design.

I didn't do anything special about unicode-sip for the font backend
drivers on the Mac port.  They are created by porting xftfont.c and
ftfont.c straightforwardly, and perhaps that might give a good result
for this matter.

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]