Subject: Re: [bug#28053] Add radare2

From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 22:35:29 +0200

Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> writes:
>>>> +
>>>> +;; This package has a timestamp embedded in
>>>> +;; lib/python3.5/site-packages/capstone/__pycache__/__iti__.cpython-35.pyc
>>>
>>> Please add “FIXME: ” before the comment.
>>
>> FYI, there is an upstream patch (in review) that makes Python respect
>> SOURCE_DATE_EPOCH when compiling bytecode.  I'm going to try picking
>> that for the 3.6 update, so this comment won't be necessary for long.
>
> Oh, that’s good.  Will this fix the remaining reproducibility problems
> with Python?

We also need to provide a stable PYTHONHASHSEED, but I do believe these
measures will fix the vast majority of Python reproducibility issues.