Subject: Re: bug#28048: 26.0.50; behaviour of C-h f semantic-mode

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:47:17 -0400

Mark Oteiza <[email-masked]> writes:

> I suppose the complaint is that "loading" semantic (or whatever happens
> to get loaded when trying to get help on the semantic-mode function) is
> invoking a python process.  Either some library starts the process when
> loaded, or… well I don't know what's going on.

I can confirm the "*Warning* default value of <<no-type>> tokens
changed..." messages.

I do not get the "Shell native completion is disabled, using fallback"
message, and furthermore, evaluating (featurep 'python) afterwards gives
nil.

> Is there a bug associated with the new C-h f behaviour?

No, it was introduced on emacs-devel, see [1] and followups.

[1]: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2016-05/msg00441.html

> Tangentially, the python warning is <https://debbugs.gnu.org/22897>, and
> either something got broken again or this never actually got fixed.

When I do M-x run-python native completion is enabled with no problem.
Perhaps you should open a new bug with details about your python setup.