Subject: bug#28044: 26.0.50; Hang when communicating with process on macOS

From: Ivan Andrus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 10:20:02 -0600

I'm on macOS 10.12.6, and I installed gpgtools via `brew cask`.  I
believe that changes the pinentry program.  I'm not aware of any other
changes that I've made that would affect this.  The file is password
encrypted rather than public/private key encrypted, but I don't know
if that matters.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I'll try to be more responsive in the future.

-Ivan

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 3:07 AM, Alan Third <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 11:05:02PM -0600, Ivan Andrus wrote:
>> I can consistently get `emacs -Q` to hang when using gpg to decrypt a file.
>> I've also seen it when communicating with other processes (at least I'm
>> pretty sure it's the same hang).  Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to
>> begin debugging.
>
> Are there any special steps? I can open gpg encrypted files fine here.
> --
> Alan Third