Subject: [bug#28020] [PATCH] gnu: Add emacs-gitpatch.

From: ng0 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 06:56:46 +0000

Arun Isaac transcribed 0.7K bytes:
> 
> > it would be nice to have a checker for this somehow...
> 
> Yes, something like `guix lint', but for commits. It should become a git
> hook much like etc/git/pre-push.
> 
> I'll write this checker script. I could write one specifically looking
> for the kind of mistake I made -- the problem with part of the email
> thread coming into the commit message. But, I think it will be better to
> have a more general checker. Any suggestions to get started?  What are
> the other kind of mistakes that have happened in the commit log?

The other one I remember right now is debbugs leaking into the subject
if you are not careful. Happened at least once, search for "bug#" in the
log. It's a rare unfixed thing, take a look at
d54db52e7fe469612386ec15d4bf7650e9225a92 and how it came to be. Someone
else complained about this happening with debbugs.
-- 
ng0
GnuPG: A88C8ADD129828D7EAC02E52E22F9BBFEE348588
GnuPG: https://n0is.noblogs.org/my-keys
https://www.infotropique.org https://krosos.org