Subject: [bug#28004] Chromium

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 15:18:16 +0100

Hi Marius,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> The attached patch adds Spectre mitigation to the current Chromium
> release.  The patch was pulled from the Chrome 64 branch:
>
> From b011b57f357af97f3a003a3b1c481fc8bd2b869c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
> From: Marius Bakke <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 14:36:47 +0100
> Subject: [PATCH] gnu: chromium: Add spectre mitigation.
>
> * gnu/packages/patches/chromium-spectre-mitigation.patch: New file.
> * gnu/local.mk (dist_patch_DATA): Register it.
> * gnu/packages/chromium.scm (chromium)[source]: Use it.

I didn’t really follow the whole discussion :-), but if what you have is
now OK from the freedom and security viewpoints (including bundling),
perhaps you can go ahead?

Ludo’.