Subject: bug#27998: 26.0.50; C-x C-c while using tutorial

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2017 22:38:33 -0400

Killing the tutorial buffer offers to save it in a special way.
C-x C-c does not do this, but I think it should.

Should this be done by customizing the way that buffer is saved?

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.23)
 of 2016-12-29 built on freetop
Repository revision: 0d19e69184cd3068279677fb04aa9fb2da6895e4
System Description:	Trisquel GNU/Linux 7.0, Belenos

Recent messages:
Mark set
Sending...
Wrote /home/rms/outgoing/out-3
Sending...done
Added to /home/rms/xmail/lic/eclipse.mail
Showing message 1256...done
Expunging deleted messages...done
Computing summary lines...done
Showing message 1271...done
Showing message 1271...done

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-g -O0' --with-gnutls=no'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS NOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  gpm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug completion dos-w32 find-cmd find-dired eieio-opt
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe find-func help-fns radix-tree
whitespace diff parse-time vc-cvs sgml-mode vc-git diff-mode
easy-mmode map tutorial quail cal-move cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
rect dired-aux shell pcomplete thingatpt grep compile comint
ansi-color ring jka-compr dabbrev rmailout epa-mail rmailkwd rmailsum
debug url-util shr svg xml dom browse-url misearch multi-isearch
mailalias qp rmailmm message sendmail subr-x puny format-spec rfc822
mml mml-sec epa epg gnus-util mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader mail-parse rfc2231 rmail rmail-loaddefs rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired dired-loaddefs
t-mouse term/linux view derived time-date paren cus-start cus-load
advice finder-inf package epg-config url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs
password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cl-extra
help-mode easymenu cconv cl-loaddefs pcase cl-lib mule-util tooltip
eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar
gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 470739 94322)
 (symbols 24 26810 1)
 (miscs 20 2456 3253)
 (strings 16 49359 13578)
 (string-bytes 1 1368004)
 (vectors 8 29458)
 (vector-slots 4 1338284 26984)
 (floats 8 289 549)
 (intervals 28 99411 1428)
 (buffers 520 103)
 (heap 1024 19463 2554))
[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation (gnu.org, fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (internethalloffame.org)
Skype: No way! See stallman.org/skype.html.