Subject: Re: [bug#27977] [PATCH 1/2] services: herd: Fix matching ok responses from shepherd service.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 00:30:21 +0200

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 17:52:44 +0200
> [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès) wrote:
>
>> Probably this patch is better than reverting.
>> 
>> Thoughts?
>
> I had to apply that patch with --ignore-whitespace-change, as the code
> in the middle of (current-services) has been indented outside of that
> patch.

Right, sorry about that (I have -bB in ‘vc-diff-switches’).

> I think I get what is going on. As far as I understand it, the (match
> results ((services _ ...) ... bit is equivilent to the use of first in
> the other procedures, which suggests to me that you could use first in
> (current-services)? I'm guessing that the only difference is that they
> will fail differently on the empty list?

Yes.  I’ve pushed it as 7d14082d56462f7bef4254d65a21fd265fbce471.

Thanks,
Ludo’.