Subject: [bug#27970] [PATCH] gnu: Add rss-bridge.

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 21:49:44 +0200

Hi Arun,

>> If these are just PHP files I think it may be worth prepending “php-”
>> to the package name and the variable name.
>
> This is not a php library of any kind. It is a web *application*, and we
> should ignore what language it was written in. For example, gnusocial is
> also a bunch of PHP files, but we wouldn't name it php-gnusocial, would
> we?

Ah, okay.  Thanks for clarifying.

>> How is this supposed to be used?
>
> I think we'll have to create an rss-bridge service. I'm not too sure at
> this point, because I am yet to write my first service, and don't fully
> understand how services work.

Services are more than just daemon scripts that can be started and
stopped with Shepherd.  Services can do more than that; they can extend
other services e.g. to add to a configuration file or to set up
directories at activation time.

If you can come up with a list of things that need to be done to use
the rss-bridge web application I’m sure we can figure out together how
to implement the service.

-- 
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net