Subject: Re: [bug#27970] [PATCH] gnu: Add rss-bridge.

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 22:22:44 +0530

>> +    (synopsis "Generate ATOM feeds for social networking websites")
>> +    (description "rss-bridge generates ATOM feeds for social networking
>
> I think this should be “Atom”, not “ATOM”.

Indeed! I'll fix that.

>> +websites lacking feeds.  Supported websites include Facebook, Twitter,
>> +Instagram and YouTube.")
>> +    (license (list l:public-domain
>> +                   l:expat)))) ;; vendor/simplehtmldom/simple_html_dom.php
>

> If these are just PHP files I think it may be worth prepending “php-”
> to the package name and the variable name.

This is not a php library of any kind. It is a web *application*, and we
should ignore what language it was written in. For example, gnusocial is
also a bunch of PHP files, but we wouldn't name it php-gnusocial, would
we?

> How is this supposed to be used?

I think we'll have to create an rss-bridge service. I'm not too sure at
this point, because I am yet to write my first service, and don't fully
understand how services work.