Subject: bug#27965: 25.2; \cj does not match some Japanese characters

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 12:36:27 +0300

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 17:40:55 +0900
> 
> 
> (string-match "\\cj"
>               (mapconcat (lambda (l) (string (apply #'make-char
>                                                     'japanese-jisx0213.2004-1
>                                                     l)))
>                          '((46 33) (47 126) (79 84) (79 126)
>                            (116 39) (126 122) (126 123) (126 124))
>                          ""))
> => nil

It returns nil in Emacs 25.2, but 0 in the current master.  Does that
mean the problem is fixed in the current sources?

> These characters belong to 'japanese-jisx0213.2004-1,
> but does not belong to 'japanese-jisx0213-1.

I don't understand how it's related to the issue at hand.  If you
could tell a bit more about this, including reference to the portions
of Emacs sources (probably characters.el) and how they should be
examined for correctness, we could try and make sure there are no more
errors there.  I don't speak Japanese and don't know enough about the
various japanese charsets to see what, if anything, is in error.

Thanks.