Subject: bug#27957: closed (Re: Status: 26.0.50; eshell-extended-glob fails to expand wildcards)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 18:41:01 +0000

Your bug report

#27957: 26.0.50; eshell-extended-glob fails to expand wildcards

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27957: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27957
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Status: 26.0.50; eshell-extended-glob fails to expand wildcards
From: Eric Skoglund <[email-masked]>
To: bug#27957 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 20:40:20 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: 26.0.50; eshell-extended-glob fails to expand wildcards
From: Fabrice Popineau <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 20:57:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

;; Before starting emacs,
;; create c:/tmp/dir1/foo.txt
;; and    c:/tmp/dir2/bar.txt

;; Evaluate the following
(require 'em-glob)

(let ((default-directory "c:/tmp/"))
  (eshell-extended-glob "dir*/*.txt"))

;; -> "dir*/*.txt"

;; By comparison:
(let ((default-directory "c:/tmp/"))
  (file-expand-wildcards "dir*/*.txt"))
("dir2/bar.txt" "dir1/foo.txt")

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 5, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-08-04 built on LOBSANG
Repository revision: 6127f5901726740dad461b7b08c0095a65c737d5
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 10.0.16251
Recent messages:
delete-backward-char: Text is read-only [2 times]
Quit
Mark set
next-line: End of buffer
Entering debugger...
Continuing.
custom-initialize-reset: Symbol’s function definition is void:
eshell-extended-glob
eshell
Entering debugger...
Back to top level

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/MingW64 --with-jpeg --with-xpm --with-png
 --with-tiff --with-rsvg --with-xml2 --with-gnutls --with-imagemagick
 --without-dbus --enable-checking=no 'CFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include
 -fomit-frame-pointer -O3 -g0 -mtune=corei7' CPPFLAGS=-I/mingw64/include
 LDFLAGS=-L/mingw64/lib'

Configured features:
JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq dired
dired-loaddefs format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived
epg epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils em-glob
pcomplete comint ansi-color ring esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext
esh-proc esh-arg esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
help-mode easymenu cl-print byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
cl-loaddefs cl-lib cconv debug time-date mule-util tooltip eldoc
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 106972 12694)
 (symbols 56 21112 1)
 (miscs 48 53 120)
 (strings 32 33060 1443)
 (string-bytes 1 893866)
 (vectors 16 15610)
 (vector-slots 8 500836 10656)
 (floats 8 57 221)
 (intervals 56 403 28)
 (buffers 992 12))