Subject: Re: bug#27953: vc-region-history doesn't follow renames

From: Kyle Meyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 16:55:57 -0400

Clément Pit--Claudel <[email-masked]> writes:

> On 2017-08-05 19:05, Kyle Meyer wrote:

[...]

>> But you shouldn't need to add --follow here.  Renames should be followed
>> by default when -L is used.  (At least, that's what I see using Git
>> v2.13.3.)
>
> This seems to be new. Adding --follow appears to make git follow renames here (2.7.4).

OK, just to check with a concrete example: When you run

  git log -L37,57:test/lisp/ls-lisp-tests.el 9df49cddae

565cfd9f6 isn't listed as the earliest commit?

When I run that with Git 2.8.5 (and 2.13.3), I see 565cfd9f6 as the
earliest commit, indicating that Git does detect the rename
(test/lisp/ls-lisp.el => test/lisp/ls-lisp-tests.el).  I wasn't able to
try with your version, 2.7.4, because I couldn't get it to build.

-- 
Kyle