Subject: bug#27929: 26.0.50; build failure in temacs/bootstrap-emacs loadup on MS-Windows

From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 10:23:19 +0100

Emacs master fails to build. The error output is

./temacs --batch  --load loadup bootstrap
make[1]: *** [Makefile:736: bootstrap-emacs.exe] Segmentation fault

commit 61291201039fa23096a895cb0cb724d35b7b4ed4
Date:   Wed Aug 2 17:25:44 2017 +0200

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 2, x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-08-02 built on 60678UHB
Repository revision: 179564999563d0ea0e251a97b6b5cca666f5c908
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Configured using:
 'configure --prefix=/mingw64 --config-cache --with-modules
 --without-pop --enable-locallisppath=/c/emacs/site-lisp 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g
 -ggdb''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS MODULES

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message subr-x puny seq byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib dired dired-loaddefs
format-spec rfc822 mml easymenu mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg
epg-config gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date mule-util
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table term/w32-win w32-win w32-vars
term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote w32notify w32 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 96767 5926)
 (symbols 56 20074 1)
 (miscs 48 52 66)
 (strings 32 29916 1394)
 (string-bytes 1 773250)
 (vectors 16 13990)
 (vector-slots 8 483808 6199)
 (floats 8 54 62)
 (intervals 56 237 0)
 (buffers 992 11))