Subject: bug#27923: 24.3; -iconic switch screws up geometry

From: Geoff Kuenning <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 09:55:19 -0800

>From Lars:

> Could you test with a recent Emacs version instead?

Unfortunately that would be pretty painful; an emacs installation 
has enough complex dependencies that replacing my distro's version 
would be risky.  I don't think I have the time right now to do 
that.

>From Martin:

> We tried to fix that in what will become Emacs 28.1.

In that case, and given that it seems to work for you, I think it 
might be best to just close this old bug report as "cannot 
reproduce".  It's a small problem at worst and probably not worth 
spending a lot of your time chasing it when it might already be 
fixed.
-- 
    Geoff Kuenning   [email-masked] 
    http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

The "M" in XML stands for _markup_.  If you don't have anything
outside the angle brackets, you probably shouldn't be using XML.