Subject: Re: bug#27923: 24.3; -iconic switch screws up geometry

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2022 16:32:13 +0100

Geoff Kuenning <[email-masked]> writes:

> In 24.3.1, starting emacs with the "-iconic" switch causes the main
> emacs window to be sized to the width of the icon rather than the width
> specified in the X resource database.  Interestingly, the height is
> still correct.  Compare the window created by:
>
>     $ emacs &
>
> with the one from:
>
>     $ emacs -iconic &

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately weren't resolved
at the time.)

I tried reproducing this on Debian/bullseye with Gnome Shell, and I
didn't see any differences in the frame sizes here, but perhaps it's
dependent on the window manager.

Are you still seeing this problem in recent Emacs versions?

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no