Subject: Re: bug#27923: 24.3; -iconic switch screws up geometry

From: Geoff Kuenning <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 01:31:34 -0800

>> Sorry, bad typing on my part.  35/34 was the height.
>>
>>>> Anyway, I finally got down to the following two lines:
>>>>
>>>> (menu-bar-mode -1)
>>>> (set-default-font (x-get-resource "Font" ""))
>>>
>>>> With both of those present, I get the absurdly narrow 
>>>> frame. If I
>>>> remove the first, then I get a frame that's 38x78.  If I 
>>>> leave the
>>>> first and remove the second, I get a teeny frame that's too 
>>>> small to
>>>> type in, but xwininfo reports it as 1x1 (so suppose emacs 
>>>> thinks it's
>>>> 2x2).  And if I remove both, I get a properly sized 
>>>> frame. (This is
>>>> all with my xrdb restored, BTW.)
>
> So are you getting a weird height, a weird width, independently 
> both or
> simultaneously both?

Sometimes normal height, tiny width (that's what prompted the 
original bug report).  Sometimes both weird height and weird 
width.  I don't think I've seen a normal width with a weird height 
but I might be misremembering.

>> It would be wonderful if the bug
>> went away on its own!
>
> Do they ever?

Heisenbugs!

More seriously, not without help from talented developers...
-- 
    Geoff Kuenning   [email-masked] 
    http://www.cs.hmc.edu/~geoff/

It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean 
it
is.  If you don't, it's its.  Then too, it's hers.  It isn't 
her's.  It
isn't our's either.  It's ours, and likewise yours and theirs.
                -- Oxford University Press, Edpress News