Subject: bug#27923: 24.3; -iconic switch screws up geometry

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:23:54 +0100

> Sorry, bad typing on my part.  35/34 was the height.
 >
 >>> Anyway, I finally got down to the following two lines:
 >>>
 >>> (menu-bar-mode -1)
 >>> (set-default-font (x-get-resource "Font" ""))
 >>
 >>> With both of those present, I get the absurdly narrow frame. If I
 >>> remove the first, then I get a frame that's 38x78.  If I leave the
 >>> first and remove the second, I get a teeny frame that's too small to
 >>> type in, but xwininfo reports it as 1x1 (so suppose emacs thinks it's
 >>> 2x2).  And if I remove both, I get a properly sized frame. (This is
 >>> all with my xrdb restored, BTW.)

So are you getting a weird height, a weird width, independently both or
simultaneously both?

 > It may not happen until the Christmas break, but I'm sure I can manage
 > to get the latest version installed.

This would be currently 26.0.90 which also has a quite extensive set of
functions to measure frame sizes and how they developed when starting
Emacs.

 > It would be wonderful if the bug
 > went away on its own!

Do they ever?

martin