Subject: [bug#27917] high performance fabric support for openmpi

From: Dave Love <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2017 11:17:02 +0100

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> writes:

>> It still needs psm(2)/infinipath support.  I don't know where that
>> should go in the source; libpsm(2) makes sense in rdma-core, like mlx5,
>> but has separate sources.
>
> Can it not be built as a standalone package?

Yes, but I don't see why it should be treated differently from, e.g.,
Mellanox support, if it doesn't significantly increase the closure.
(PSM is probably more important than some of the hardware support in
rdma-core.)  If you're using verbs rather than the PSM interface, which
I think is possible with OPA (psm2) as well as Infinipath/True Scale,
you'll get rather obscure errors if the hardware support is missing.
It's a common problem with hardware support (e.g. mlx4) in separate
packages without suitable dependencies, as in current RHEL, so I think
psm should at least be a dependency.

>> +    (license (list license:bsd-3 license:gpl2)))) ;dual
>
> This is the FreeBSD license (aka BSD-2).

Oops!  I'm usually more careful.  That reminds me of something I should
raise about licences generally...