Subject: [bug#27909] Replace keepassx with keepassxc

From: Efraim Flashner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 23:11:50 +0300

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 03:43:19PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 06:08:16PM +0300, Efraim Flashner wrote:
> > The original keepassx hasn't seen much activity in quite a while, no
> > bugs fixed or features added. Keepassxc is the community fork of
> > keepassx.
> 
> The last keepassx release was in October 2016. That's not *that* long
> unless there are some serious bugs in the program.
> 

The maintainer is MIA. I'm not aware of serious bugs, other than it
still relying on Qt-4.

> Are other distros replacing keepassx?
> 

I don't believe Debian is, but there is active work on packaging
keepassxc. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=855173

> Is keepassxc a "seamless" replacement for keepassx, or would users maybe
> have to adjust somehow?

It is supposed to be a seamless replacement, using the same .kdbx files
as keepassx.

-- 
Efraim Flashner   <[email-masked]>   אפרים פלשנר
GPG key = A28B F40C 3E55 1372 662D  14F7 41AA E7DC CA3D 8351
Confidentiality cannot be guaranteed on emails sent or received unencrypted