Subject: Re: [bug#27906] [PATCH] r-foreign: Update hash and remove duplicate recipe.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2017 21:24:48 +0200

Roel Janssen <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Efraim Flashner writes:
>
>> I have /gnu/store/l1xl1hya1q2vdr059i00s0q9rpwb846a-foreign_0.8-67.tar.gz
>> if that would help
>
> Now this is odd:
> $ wget http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Archive/foreign/foreign_0.8-67.tar.gz

The other one is at:

  https://mirror.hydra.gnu.org/file/foreign_0.8-67.tar.gz/sha256/1mcrm2pydimbyjhkrw5h380bifj1jhwzifph1xgh90asf3lvd1xd

The contents are identical per “diff -r --no-dereference”.  However
metadata differs:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
ludo@ribbon /tmp$ tar tvf t.tgz |head
drwxr-xr-x hornik/users      0 2016-09-13 13:04 foreign/
drwxr-xr-x hornik/users      0 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users   5913 2012-10-04 12:33 foreign/po/R-fr.po
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users  27343 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/de.po
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users  49598 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/pl.po
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users   5203 2012-10-11 18:41 foreign/po/R-de.po
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users  28708 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/fr.po
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users  17250 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/foreign.pot
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users   2853 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/R-foreign.pot
-rw-r--r-- hornik/users  10262 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/R-pl.po
ludo@ribbon /tmp$ tar tvf foreign_0.8-67.tar.gz |head
drwxr-xr-x ligges/users      0 2016-09-13 13:04 foreign/
drwxr-xr-x ligges/users      0 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users   5913 2012-10-04 12:33 foreign/po/R-fr.po
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users  27343 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/de.po
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users  49598 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/pl.po
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users   5203 2012-10-11 18:41 foreign/po/R-de.po
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users  28708 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/fr.po
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users  17250 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/foreign.pot
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users   2853 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/R-foreign.pot
-rw-r--r-- ligges/users  10262 2014-03-28 10:08 foreign/po/R-pl.po
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In short, it’s safe to update the hash.

Ludo’.