Subject: bug#27901: 25.1; x-win-suspend-error: Cannot suspend Emacs while running under X

From: Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 20:27:00 +0200

>> The terminal frame is running inside a terminal under Screen.  When I
>> access it remotely, I have no access to the GUI.  I cannot suspend Emacs
>> because there is a graphical frame alive, and I cannot close it because
>> I do not know how, and the only way I can think of makes the terminal
>> frame unusable (which I suspect is a bug).
>
>What does frame-list return?

(frame-list)
(#<frame [email-masked] 0x116995f8> #<frame F1 0xc41680>)

(next-frame)
#<frame F1 0xc41680>

(delete-frame (next-frame))
^^
shows the bug (I won't do it now because I am working remotely)

>And anyway, why do you insist on suspending Emacs?  Why not start a
>shell instead?

A shell inside Emacs does not have the environment I am looking for, so
the only way I am left with is to start a new terminal inside Screen.

But this is a workaround to a bug, not a solution.  So it appears to me
that I should indeed file a new bug report, right?