Subject: bug#27901: 25.1; x-win-suspend-error: Cannot suspend Emacs while running under X

From: Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 13:44:48 +0200

>> Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2017 11:13:15 +0200
>> From: Francesco Potortì <[email-masked]>
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>> 
>> >> It would also be nice if the message explained how to close the
>> >> graphical frame from the text frame.  I tried
>> >>  (delete-frame (next-frame))
>> >> from the text frame but the only result was that the text frame became
>> >> unusable (not responding to commands any more).
>> >
>> >I encourage people to propose simple ways of doing that.
>> 
>> Isn't the above behaviour a bug on its own?  The only way out I found
>> was to close Emacs from the graphical frame.
>
>It could be a bug, but if so, it's a separate bug.

Sure.  I did not yet file one because I'm not sure it is a bug.

>And frankly, I don't understand what is the bug here: doing what you
>did is not the usual way of deleting all frames but the current one.

I couldn't find a way.  But, apart from being usual, I think it is not
normal that a terminal frame becomes unusable as a consequence,
especially because I would not expect the behaviour to be undefined.

>I'd try "C-x 5 1" from the TTY frame first.

Tried.  But, as the docs say, that one deletes all other frames on the
same terminal, while I have a text and a graphical terminal.