Subject: [bug#27898] [PATCH 1/2] gnu: Use 'modify-phases' syntax.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 10:17:54 +0200

Hello,

Marius Bakke <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Kei Kebreau <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]

>> The patches are in working order. The first patch would cause 1200
>> rebuilds, but the second would only cause 128 rebuilds. Should I work on
>> splitting up the first patch into pieces that Hydra can handle under its
>> current load?
>
> I'm not actually sure what's best here.  It may be easiest to just throw
> them both at 'staging' and accept the (hopefully few) merge conflicts.
>
> Ludo, any preference?

The one that causes 128 rebuilds could go to ‘master’ (which is a good
thing: we won’t have conflicts with this part of the changes.)

The rest could go to ‘staging’ I suppose.

> If we're going staging, let's try to coordinate it so that we can start
> it shortly after adding them.  Maybe midnight tomorrow or Saturday UTC?
> I have a few other updates in my queue that haven't been pushed yet.

Sounds reasonable to me.  I’ll let you coordinate.  :-)

Thanks for taking care of this!

Ludo’.