Subject: bug#27897: closed (Re: bug#27897: [PATCH] 25.1; Add REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P arg to other replace.el commands)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 19:38:02 +0000

Your bug report

#27897: 25.1; Add REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P arg to other replace.el commands

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
27897: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=27897
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#27897: [PATCH] 25.1; Add REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P arg to other replace.el commands
From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 22:36:53 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> And some of the commands I added REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P to
> already had BACKWARD, while others did not.  Should we
> assume that whoever did that did it on purpose and wisely?

query-replace-regexp-eval has no BACKWARD arg because
query-replace-regexp-eval is obsolete and should be removed.
map-query-replace-regexp has no BACKWARD arg because
map-query-replace-regexp has special logic for its prefix arg.

> Dunno.  My purpose here was not to fix missing BACKWARD,
> but if you want to think about that and take care of it,
> please do - that would be great, along with applying my
> patch for REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P.

Thanks, your patch pushed to master as 75a32f4.

Subject: 25.1; Add REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P arg to other replace.el commands
From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 21:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject line says it all.

The patch is trivial - just do the same thing to commands such as
`replace-string', `replace-regexp', `query-replace-regexp-eval', and
`map-query-replace-regexp' as you did to `query-replace' and
`query-replace-regexp': add REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P arg to the
interactive spec the same way, and pass it to `perform-replace' the same
way.

(Shouldn't this have been done in the first place?)

In GNU Emacs 25.1.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2016-09-17 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install CFLAGS=-static'