Subject: Re: bug#27894: Building Guix fails without '/etc/services'

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020 17:51:28 +0100

Hi,

Jonathan Brielmaier <[email-masked]> skribis:

> On 11.02.20 21:40, Julien Lepiller wrote:> This is somewhat similar to
> what happens on android, and probably any systen using an alternate
> libc. Guix uses its own libc that expects an /etc/services and other
> files. I guess a symlink from /etc to /usr/etc is all you need?.
> Yes a symlink does resolve it. But doing it on all my systems is annoying :P
>
> But I wonder how much effort would be required to make this hardcoding
> of `/etc/services` more flexible. I'm mean Tumbleweed uses glibc. The
> only thing different is that they are moving all/most of config files
> from /etc to /usr/etc for $reason.

It seems to me that this question should be addressed in glibc proper.
Perhaps glibc should provide a way to configure this.

Or is openSuSE’s libc configured with --sysconfdir=/usr/etc?

Thanks,
Ludo’.