Subject: bug#2789: 23.0.91; problems compiling on intel macbook

From: Stephen Eglen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:29:26 +0000

I compiled the pretest on my intel macbook.  It compiled (with the
nextstep option), but they when I tried to run it I got an error of the
form:

(current directory ~/NOBACKUP/compiles/emacs/nextstep)

$ Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs -q

Warning: arch-dependent data dir
(/Users/stephen/NOBACKUP/compiles/emacs/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/
libexec/emacs/23.0.91/i386-apple-darwin9.6.0/)
does not exist.
Warning: Could not find simple.el nor simple.elc

Darwin cpc1-cmbg2-0-0-cust803.cmbg.cable.ntl.com 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel
Version 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008;
root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/RELEASE_I386 i386

I'm not sure if I've miscompiled, and if others can compile on mac okay
perhaps it is my setup, but I thought I'd mention this in case it fit
with any other error reports.

thanks, stephen