Subject: bug#27889: Polkit actions are not updated after guix system reconfigure

From: Ryan Moe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2017 14:08:59 -0700

When a service is added to or removed from the system configuration,
polkit actions are not appropriately registered or unregistered.

The policy files are added and deleted correctly but the polkitd
process needs a SIGHUP afterwards to update the list of registered
actions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add (xfce-desktop-service) to (services) in config.scm. [Or any
service which adds polkit actions]

2. Run guix system reconfigure.

3. Observe that the policy files are in place but not registered:
    $ ls /etc/polkit-1/actions/*xfce*
    /etc/polkit-1/actions/org.xfce.thunar.policy

    $ pkaction | grep -i xfce
    $

4. Run killall -HUP polkitd

5. Observe that actions are registered.
    $ pkaction | grep -i xfce
    org.xfce.thunar