Subject: Re: [bug#27887] [PATCH] services: Add libvirt services

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2017 01:12:06 +0100

On Fri, 18 Aug 2017 08:48:12 +0100
Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This looks pretty much ready to be merged to me. Later, I'll try
> running this on my machine, just to check that it starts successfully.

So, I've reconfigured my machine to run both services, and also
configured libvirt to use libvirt for the socket group, so that I could
add libvirt as a supplemental group for my user. I think this has all
worked fine.

I tried using the virt-manager to connect, but I'm getting the
following error at the moment:

Unable to connect to libvirt.

internal error: Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64

Libvirt URI is: qemu:///system

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/gnu/store/h61dc28cck9lmp25d1r11d3hzzhz5qnj-virt-manager-1.4.2/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py",
line 1108, in _open_thread self._populate_initial_state() File
"/gnu/store/h61dc28cck9lmp25d1r11d3hzzhz5qnj-virt-manager-1.4.2/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py",
line 1062, in _populate_initial_state logging.debug("conn version=%s",
self._backend.conn_version()) File
"/gnu/store/h61dc28cck9lmp25d1r11d3hzzhz5qnj-virt-manager-1.4.2/share/virt-manager/virtinst/connection.py",
line 322, in conn_version self._conn_version =
self._libvirtconn.getVersion() File
"/gnu/store/a9g2s8404v8v5pm7m7w8yzr56ba1k331-python2-libvirt-3.4.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py",
line 3863, in getVersion if ret == -1: raise libvirtError
('virConnectGetVersion() failed', conn=self) libvirtError: internal
error: Cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64