Subject: Re: bug#27879: Bad behavior with sr-speedbar package

From: Angelo Graziosi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 23:43:48 +0200

Il 30/07/2017 20:38, martin rudalics ha scritto:
>  > 1. Start Emacs. It starts with a single window containing the *GNU 
> Emacs* buffer.
>  >
>  > 2. Now toggle the sr-speedbar: M-x sr-speedbar-toggle. It contains 
> two windows: on the right, the sr-speedbar; on the left the *GNU Emacs* 
> buffer.
>  >
>  > 3. In *GNU Emacs* buffer visit a buffer: C-x C-f foo.txt. The *GNU 
> Emacs* buffer window is divided (as in C-x 2) and foo.txt is in the 
> bottom window.
>  >
>  > The last master with the right behavior is 2017-07-28 12:38:22 +0300, 
> f1ed31a8f5c6f19aa5e119e670533241c6375945.
> 
> sr-speedbar advises ‘pop-to-buffer’.  It shouldn't do that or at least
> do it in some different fashion.  The current behavior just breaks it.

I don't understand these technical details.. I am a simple user of the 
package. You should explain if the user has to put something in the 
init.el file. What I seem to understand is that now sr-speedbar is no 
longer compatible with current development of Emacs...