Subject: bug#27878: eieio :static test failure on Debian armhf buildd

From: Rob Browning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2017 09:22:41 -0500

Now that the tests are running on all of the buildd's there was less
trouble than I'd imagined, but there were a couple of failures:

  https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=emacs25&suite=sid

In particular the armhf tests failed like this
(https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=emacs25&arch=armhf&ver=25.2%2B1-3&stamp=1501385944&raw=0):

  Testing /«BUILDDIR»/emacs25-25.2+1/debian/build-src/test/automated/eieio-test-methodinvoke.elc
  Running 9 tests (2017-07-30 03:34:50+0000)
     passed  1/9  eieio-test-cl-generic-1
     passed  2/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-10
     passed  3/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-3
     passed  4/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-4
     passed  5/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-5
  Test eieio-test-method-order-list-6 backtrace:
    eieio-test-match(((:STATIC C) (:STATIC C-base1) (:STATIC C-base2)))
    #[nil "\302\303\304\302!\210	\237\305!*\207" [ans eieio-test-met
    ert--run-test-internal([cl-struct-ert--test-execution-info [cl-struc
    ert-run-test([cl-struct-ert-test eieio-test-method-order-list-6 nil 
    ert-run-or-rerun-test([cl-struct-ert--stats (not (tag :expensive-tes
    ert-run-tests((not (tag :expensive-test)) #[385 "\306\307\"\203G\2
    ert-run-tests-batch((not (tag :expensive-test)))
    ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (tag :expensive-test)))
    eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit (quote (not (tag :expensive-test)
    command-line-1(("-L" ":/«BUILDDIR»/emacs25-25.2+1/debian/b
    command-line()
    normal-top-level()
  Test eieio-test-method-order-list-6 condition:
      (error "eieio-test-methodinvoke.el: Test Failed: ((:STATIC C) (:STATIC C-base1) (:STATIC C-base2)) != ((:STATIC C))")
     FAILED  6/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-6
     passed  7/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-7
     passed  8/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-8
  next-method-p called outside of a primary or around method
  next-method-p called outside of a primary or around method
     passed  9/9  eieio-test-method-order-list-9

  Ran 9 tests, 8 results as expected, 1 unexpected (2017-07-30 03:34:50+0000)

  1 unexpected results:
     FAILED  eieio-test-method-order-list-6

I'd be happy to help test on one of our porterboxes if that ends up
being useful.

Thanks
-- 
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org
GPG as of 2011-07-10 E6A9 DA3C C9FD 1FF8 C676 D2C4 C0F0 39E9 ED1B 597A
GPG as of 2002-11-03 14DD 432F AE39 534D B592 F9A0 25C8 D377 8C7E 73A4