Subject: [bug#27876] [PATCH] cuirass: add Hydra compatible HTTP API.

From: [email-masked] (Ludovic Courtès)
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2017 11:22:21 +0200

Heya,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

>> That said, there’s only one place where we work, which is where we spawn
                                              ^^^^
I meant “fork”.  :-)

>> the ‘evaluate’ command.  It may be that spawning it with ‘open-pipe’
>> from (ice-9 popen) would sidestep the problem because ‘open-pipe’ is
>> specifically written to permit this.
>
> The open-pipe solution seems fine indeed !

Good.

> Yes my planning is the following :
>
> 1. Fiberizing the whole thing to make it scalable.
> 2. Add build start/stop detection : I think the ideal would be wip-ui
> branch to get merged before, so that I can use the same mechanism to
> parse build output :)
> 3. Add authentification, and the other API you're describing.

Sounds good!

So it looks like you kind of like the ‘wip-ui’ approach.  I wasn’t sure
but maybe that’s the way to go.  After all, even if it’s a bit of a
hack, the API itself could still work if/when we have a better protocol
with the daemon.  We’ll see…

Ludo’.