Subject: bug#27846: 26.0.50; hover highlighting in an *occur* buffer

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 09:29:26 +0200

Severity: wishlist

Hi,

While moving the mouse pointer over the text in an *occur* buffer,
I've just noticed that, if I move the mouse pointer over a line of
matched text, that line is highlighted, but _not_ including the line
number which precedes the matched text.

Conversely, if I move the mouse pointer over a line number, only it
(the line number) is highlighted (not including the text which follows
it).

IMO, that separation is just bad.  IOW, I think it would be better to
always highlight together the line number and its corresponding
line(s) of matched text.

This would make easier to visually relate both items (line number and
line text), with is not trivial in cases where the matched text has a
fair amount of leading whitespace.

TIA.

-- 
Dani Moncayo

In GNU Emacs 26.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-unknown-cygwin)
 of 2017-07-24 built on ZVDES404
Repository revision: 6dc5d45c542a6f9cfbcf3e37d597c9e0efb3070d
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600

Configured using:
 'configure --with-mailutils --with-w32'

Configured features:
SOUND ACL GNUTLS ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: C.ISO-8859-1
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix