Subject: bug#27830: 26.0.50; Left fringe gets truncated by a pixel in window not sharing that edge with frame

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Oct 2017 10:08:26 +0200

> This is OK for PROBLEMS, but maybe it should be in the user manual
 > instead?

It's probably too internal in order to be mentioned in PROBLEMS.  But is
the user manual really a suitable place for this?  I understand your
concerns but, for example, the last paragraph of section "14.14 Window
Fringes" appears to me merely distracting for people who want to learn
basic things about fringes.  Maybe that part should better go to section
"39.3 Truncation" of the Elisp manual.

As for the vertical borders I don't know.  We would need to describe
them somewhere in a context of "resizing side-by-side windows with the
mouse" but we curently do that rather cryptically in section 21.5 of the
Emacs manual as

      Furthermore, by clicking and dragging `mouse-1' on the divider
   between two side-by-side mode lines, you can move the vertical boundary
   to the left or right.

Nothing special about windows without vertical scroll bars.

martin