Subject: bug#27830: 26.0.50; Left fringe gets truncated by a pixel in window not sharing that edge with frame

From: Kaushal Modi <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2017 11:59:55 +0000

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 4:47 AM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It's definitely not for NEWS.

I agree, as I later realize that this was in 25.1 too, just that it wasn't
noticeable with nlinum enabled.

>   As for PROBLEMS, can one of you suggest
> the wording we'd like to put there?  It's hard for me to make a
> decision with no description of the workaround in sight.
>

I would suggest this:

For a window sharing its left edge with another window, the left side of
the fringe in that edge gets truncated if scroll-bars are disabled. A
workaround is to enable the right-side window-dividers by
doing (window-divider-mode 1), and customizing the divider width
(window-divider-default-right-width) and face (window-divider) as needed.

This image[1] summarizes the problem.

Here is my workaround[2] for reference.

[1]:
https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?att=2;msg=17;bug=27830;filename=image.png

[2]:
https://github.com/kaushalmodi/.emacs.d/commit/ea60f986d58b27f45d510cde1148bf6d52e10dda

-- 

Kaushal Modi