Subject: Re: bug#27799: 26.0.50; SVG pictures in EWW: error in process filter, invalid image type 'imagemagick'

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:25:39 +0200

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have compiled emacs with Imagemagick exclusively
> this time.
>
> Here is how I did it:
>
> $ ./configure --prefix=/package/text/emacs-26.0.50 --with-sound=alsa
> --with-modules --with-x --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-gconf
> --without-gsettings --without-libsystemd --without-dbus --without-pop
> --with-mailutils

[...]

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Invalid image type ‘imagemagick’")
>   signal(error ("Invalid image type ‘imagemagick’"))
>   error("Invalid image type `%s'" imagemagick)

Well, you still don't have imagemagick support in your Emacs, so I don't
think you got all the libraries needed.  The easiest way to pull in the
dependencies in Ubuntu/Debian is "sudo apt-get build-dep emacs25".

>   image-type("<?xml version=\"1.0\"

Anyway, I think it's a mistake to try to use imagemagick for svg images
here -- I think it's something I checked in inadvertently in January.
I've now reverted that bit, so that svg images should be displayed
properly now on the Emacs trunk.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no