Subject: Re: bug#27794: efi vs bios grub detection

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 21:13:33 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 at 16:22, buen ouanq <[email-masked]> wrote:
> It was recommended in the IRC room that I send this email.  I
> struggled all yesterday failing to get GRUB (and thus GuixSD) to
> install in ways that I was positive had worked before.  Turns out the
> installation USB had booted UEFI rather than BIOS, so it refused to
> install what I understood to be the default (BIOS GRUB), even though I
> had done and partitioned everything correctly, and there were no
> meaningful hints as to why.  It would be nice if there was a little
> note about this in the install guide, something along the lines of,
> `EFI/BIOS detection for GRUB depends on how the installation image was
> booted.' (or whatever it actually does, I'm not sure really).

This bug is very old and had been forgotten.  I do not think it is
relevant anymore.  If it is, could you provide moreinfo.  Otherwise, I
will close it after the usual 3 weeks delay.

<http://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/27794>

All the best,
simon