Subject: 25.2; doc of `query-replace*' and `perform-replace'

From: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 21:02:12 -0700 (PDT)

Please describe each of the parameters for functions `query-replace',
`query-replace-regexp', and `perform-replace'.  At least describe them
once, even if you choose to refer from one doc string to another for
some of them.

In particular, Emacs 25 apparently added parameter
REGION-NONCONTIGUOUS-P, but there is no description of it.

There also seems to be nothing in the Emacs 25 NEWS about
query-replacement now being restricted to a rectangular region.  That's
too bad - doesn't help users as much as they deserve.

There also seems to be nothing in the Emacs manual about this feature.
Again, too bad.

In GNU Emacs 25.2.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2017-04-24 built on LAPHROAIG
Windowing system distributor 'Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 'configure --without-dbus --without-compress-install 'CFLAGS=-O2
 -static -g3''