Subject: bug#27775: footnotes mode hanging indent [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2019 16:42:11 +0200

Boruch Baum <[email-masked]> writes:

> 1] I find it preferable to have footnote text always left-justified to
>    the beginning of the first character of text, while emacs
>    auto-fills by default to column 1 and would require unwieldly
>    toggling set-fill-prefix whenever moving between text body and
>    footnotes.

This seems to have changed since this bug was filed -- when
auto-filling, things seem to work as expected in the footnotes.
However, `M-q' didn't work in any sensible fashion:

Footnotes:
[1] Foo bar

and then hit `M-q' would result in

Footnotes: [1] Foo bar

so I've added a new fill-paragraph function to the Emacs trunk.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no