Subject: Re: bug#27775: footnotes mode hanging indent [CODE INCLUDED]

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2019 19:39:36 +0200

Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]> writes:

> Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hm!  Or will using fill-forward-paragraph-function do the right thing
>> both for adaptive filling and paragraph filling?
>
> I think the footnote--adaptive-fill-function would still be needed,
> because fill-forward-paragraph-function can't choose the fill prefix.

Right.

I've looked through the code to see if I could find any other minor
modes that does stuff with these variables, and I couldn't find them.
So I've just refactored out the dance footnote-mode does with
adaptive-fill-function into its own macro and done the same with
fill-paragraph-function.

If this is deemed generally useful, then we can move it somewhere more
central.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no