Subject: bug#27766: Bug with Guile 2.0.22

From: David Pirotte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 13:11:33 -0300

Hi David,

> For my study, I try to use a simulation software named “ MIT Photonics bandgap “.
> This software uses the guile library for part of its calculation.

> David$ mpb
> Backtrace:

> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>  160: 11 Exception thrown while printing backtrace:
> ERROR: In procedure private-lookup: Module named (system vm frame) does not exist
> ...

In order to check that you (at least) have a proper guile installed first, try to run
guile 'on its own', open a terminal and just enter 'guile', or 'guile --version'

But anyway, I suggest you report this to the MIT Photonics bandgap maintainers,
because (a) there is no specific guile version checked at configure time, and the
manual states what guile version is expected..., then (b) it is very unlikely their
code will run with the latest guile stable verion, 2.2.2 (and prior to the 2.2
series, the latest was 2.0.14, not 2.0.22, for info)

	It seems the project was started 18y ago, the source code even refers
	to guile-1.2 ...

David